Friday 15 March 2013

art show & sale "Paint Ontario"

If you're interested in seeing a really nice display of realism artwork then you may want to head up to Grand Bend and see the Paint Ontario exhibition at the Lambton Hertiage Museum. The show goes until March 31st. There are over 200 hundred watercolour, oil, acrylic and pastel realism paintings. I attended on opening night and was really impressed by the high quality of work which had been submitted from all over Ontario and as far away as Vancouver. One often sees the same type of subjects repeated but here I saw lots of original subjects painted in a dynamic fashion.  Of course, I do have a bias for promoting this exhibition as I have work entered in it.

I spend the majority of my time working in various software on advertising projects, however I sometimes express my creative side with a sable or bristle brush as apposed to a digital one. The experience is different.
I enjoy going back and forth between the traditional world of fine art painting and the commercial world of advertising design.

In our app-hazard world, the alternative universe of fine art is still alive and kicking. This art show is visually stunning, full of wonderful original work completely accessable to anyone who takes the time to walk around the Lambton gallery.

To all those seeking some inspiration, this show will not disappoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment