Monday 21 September 2015

Happy to have my work be part of the juried exhibition at St. Thomas- Elgin Public Art Centre. The opening reception was this past Saturday. It was an incredibly rainy day. I dashed across the street and into the gallery. Right at the entrance they had hung my painting "Natural Selection". I couldn't have asked for a more prominent position.

My work is representational and in a open juried fine art show. I knew that the other entries could be quite wide ranging in their subject and technique. I was delighted to see other quality realism works on display. I hadn't been back in this gallery for decades and they have turned into a very modern gallery. They did a great job of mounting this show.

A cousin of mine, Clark McDougall has his work as part of the gallery's permanent collection. Nice to share the gallery space with Clark's work.

Nice to know that my work is out there on display. I'm well into another large painting which I have to return to and start pulling it all together.The show runs from now until October 24th at the St. Thomas Public Art Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment